Are you tired and drained from grappling with issues like applications that don’t meet requirements, an unresponsive development team, and unexpected delays in deliverables? When faced with such situations, the fear of making mistakes can make you feel overwhelmed. To avoid unnecessary expenses and the disappointment of an application that falls short of expectations, it is crucial to meticulously and accurately go through the hiring process for your development team.
As a trusted custom software solution provider with more than ten years of experience, our priority at Mallow has always been to assist our clients in making well-informed decisions that lead to the success of their projects. Our objective is to guide you through the process of evaluating the compatibility of your application with Mallow.
By the end of this article, you’ll be able to determine whether Mallow is a good fit for building your app. You’ll also feel glad for taking the initiative to assess your application’s compatibility with Mallow.
What factors should I consider before collaborating with Mallow?
It is essential that you evaluate the alignment between your needs and our services in order to make a well-informed decision about working with Mallow or like-minded companies. We will walk you through the process of determining our suitability for your specific needs.
Moreover, we will provide you with a list of questions to ask any company you are considering, including our own, in order to ensure compatibility and make the correct final decision.
- What types of Ruby on Rails projects is Mallow specialised in?
- What skills does Mallow have?
- What is the cost of collaborating with Mallow on a Ruby on Rails project?
- Could you provide an overview of what Mallow cannot do?
- What other criteria need to be validated?
1. What types of Ruby on Rails projects is Mallow specialised in?
Mallow is well-specialised in the following types of Ruby on Rails applications:
- Building new applications
- Upgrading from legacy versions to stable versions
- Revamping existing applications (Ex: Enhancing UI, Performance, and Security)
- Migrating monolith applications to Scalable / Microservice based architecture
- Real-time communication-based applications (Sockets, MQTT, Kafka)
- Integrating with third-party services and other enterprise tools (Salesforce, other CRMs)
- Developing performance-intensive applications (Ex: Heavy reports based)
- Developing complex business algorithm-based applications
- Developing heavy traffic-based applications
- Developing applications that require compliance (Ex: GDPR, HIPAA)
- Developing API-based applications
- Converting on-premise applications to containerised cloud-based applications
- Customising open source / commercial off-the-shelf applications (Ex: Spree, Sharetribe, etc.)
2. What skills does Mallow have?
Mallow has a broad spectrum of technical skills in custom software development, allowing us to build tailored solutions that match our client’s requirements.
We have the skills and expertise to manage even the most extreme scaling requirements. We’ve set up auto-scaling infrastructures with load balancers, scalable application servers, shared databases, file systems, and caching to ensure that our applications can handle high traffic and continue to run effectively even as customer demand rises quickly.
Our full-stack developers, mobile app developers, web front-end and backend developers, and specialists in DevOps have significant expertise in developing custom software solutions that are scalable, flexible, secure, and performance-optimised.
Mallow Tech specialises in the following Ruby on Rails application areas such as:
- Working with various Rails and Ruby versions
- Implementing microservices based on the outbox and saga patterns and utilising tools such as Kafka, Debezium, and Karafka.
- Expertise with Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS) such as Postgres and MySQL, as well as NoSQL databases such as MongoDB and DynamoDB
- Proficiency in real-time communication protocols such as Sockets, MQTT and tools like Kafka, RabbitMQ, and others
- Extensive knowledge in using ElasticSearch for application search functionality
- Deep understanding of how to set up auto-scaling environments using load balancers, scalable application servers, databases, file systems, and caching.
Our commitment to quality and customer satisfaction is what sets us apart from other software development companies. We work closely with our clients throughout the development process to ensure that the final product meets their expectations and delivers real value to their business.
We at Mallow, always consider these elements when working with clients to guarantee the best outcomes. We have various successful projects in multiple industries, demonstrating our ability to manage complicated jobs.
Furthermore, we hold necessary certifications like (ISO 27001) and closely adhere to industry standards to ensure compliance and best practices. To develop solid, long-lasting relationships, we prioritise transparency and authenticity in all our client interactions.
3. What is the cost of collaborating with Mallow on a Ruby on Rails project?
The suitability of Mallow for your budget depends on various factors. While we can provide you with a high-quality product at a reasonable price, we may not be the right choice if you prioritise the cheapest option.
Having a rough idea of your budget and expected spending is essential before approaching any development company.
If you haven’t established a budget yet, check out this blog from Clutch that walks you through How To Budget For Custom Software Development.
Computing the overall cost for your app development involves consideration of many factors, like the size of the team you are planning, the location of the development team, the expertise of the team members involved, the duration required to implement the requirement, etc.
The cost range of projects can vary significantly depending on their complexities. Factors such as the number of features, functionalities, integrations, customisations, and technology requirements play a crucial role in determining the overall cost. Each project is unique, and it’s essential to carefully analyse these factors to provide accurate cost estimates and ensure the successful execution of the project.
The table below provides a glimpse into the varying cost ranges across projects, reflecting differences in complexity.
|Levels of Complexity||Cost||Average Timeframe|
|Basic (MVP)||$10,000-25,000||< 3 months|
|Average||$30,000-50,000||3 months – 9 months|
|Enterprise-level solutions||Start from $65,000||> 6 months|
4. Could you provide me with an overview of what Mallow cannot do?
- We do not have readily available off-the-shelf products that can immediately meet your requirements. However, we can create personalised applications tailored to your unique needs, providing you with a fully customised experience when using the application.
- Based on your requirements, we are open to customising off-the-shelf open-source Ruby on Rails applications like Spree and Sharetribe.
- Having your resource requirement in a volatile nature is something that we don’t recommend for our clients. In the long run, hiring resources for a shorter duration leaves you with higher development costs, and it also reduces the effective functioning of the developer in your project.
- We understand the importance of providing timely support to our potential customers based in different time zones. Our typical operations are based on the Indian Standard Time Zone (IST).
- Suppose you are operating from a different time zone, for example, US/Europe/UK or any other region. In that case, we extend our support by overlapping during your business hours to ensure effective collaboration and communication. This way, we can work together to provide the necessary assistance during business hours.
Is my application a good fit for Mallow?
If you discover that the application you are about to build aligns with Mallow’s expertise, or if you already possess a Ruby on Rails application and are grappling with an unstable or outdated version, collaborating with Mallow could be the ideal solution. Mallow’s team of professionals can assist in enhancing the performance and stability of your application, ensuring a seamless and efficient experience for your users.
As your application turns out to be the right fit for Mallow, what you might be interested in knowing more about is how much it costs you to build a Ruby on Rails application with Mallow. Check out our article for more details. How much does building a Ruby on Rails project with Mallow cost?
What if my application is not the right fit for Mallow?
No problem; keep exploring ways to assess whether you and your development team are a suitable match.
For any further clarifications, please feel free to Get in touch with our team. We would be more than happy to help you out.